I feel like Zeke has completely morphed from little baby boy to a big teenager right before my eyes, and it is hard to get a grasp on when that all happened. I sometimes forget he is still so young. He lives such a charmed life, even though I don't know if he would agree. He is the most particular kid, when it comes to clothes, food, likes and dislikes. It sometimes drives me crazy, but I also admire his conviction. The most exciting thing about this birthday, is that we decided to get him a car! The red Honda has completely died, despite us all hoping it would carry all four kiddo's through High School. Poor Zeke has had to drive it the past year without a front bumper (Paisley) and on-and-off reliability. I don't like sharing my car, nor having to pick him up from everywhere, so this is the best option.
It was so fun to surprise him! Jon parked it at the church the night before, then drove it to our driveway in the morning. As he was opening his other gifts, I was worried he'd notice it out the window. His last gift was car keys and he was shocked! The fun thing about this little Jetta, is that it is a manual. I was specifically looking for one for him, I think he'll enjoy learning and driving it!
Zeke is such a great kid. He thinks and feels deeply, which lends to some of my favorite conversations. He has such a great laugh and is so easy-going. I love having him around, I love running errands with him, he is always fun to be with. He is so smart and is getting thoughtful about his future.
Zeke, my heart bursts with love for you! You are the best of the best, Happy 17th!
It was so fun to surprise him! Jon parked it at the church the night before, then drove it to our driveway in the morning. As he was opening his other gifts, I was worried he'd notice it out the window. His last gift was car keys and he was shocked! The fun thing about this little Jetta, is that it is a manual. I was specifically looking for one for him, I think he'll enjoy learning and driving it!
We all went out to dinner to Tucano's, his choice. It was fun to all be together, it really felt like a special dinner. Adren asked everyone to share something we love about our Zekey, and it was sweet to hear how much we all love our last little guy!
Zeke is such a great kid. He thinks and feels deeply, which lends to some of my favorite conversations. He has such a great laugh and is so easy-going. I love having him around, I love running errands with him, he is always fun to be with. He is so smart and is getting thoughtful about his future.
Zeke, my heart bursts with love for you! You are the best of the best, Happy 17th!