The day has arrived~ Set up day! The day we have dreamed of. This is all so very fun and exciting!
A drapery guy who wants to partner with the Wild Oak gave us a great deal to do a trial run. We loved it! It softens the space and looks so pretty!This was such a busy day! I started on my pasta salads for the luncheon. Cooking, chopping, whisking dressings, all while watching the clock because I need to get over to the venue and help start set up! I didn't want to do too much cooking, which is why I chose to cater everything but the pasta salads. Just those about did me in! Note to self: Don't even take on the pasta salads. I loaded the car with what I could and left the kitchen in quite a state. Ella and I hung the photos of the bridal shoot in the entry and it looks soooooo pretty! We love this gallery of the bride and groom as you enter. It's looking so great! I set up the serving table how the flow will go with all of the food tomorrow.I made cards for the four different kinds of foccacia sandwiches that I ordered and will be delivered in the morning from BYU catering.And platters for the three different pasta salads I made. We are also serving a green salad, and four different desserts: Macaroons, french eclairs, lemon cookies and fruit tarts.I think I was most excited about setting the tables! I've been dreaming this up for some time. Ella, Adren and Zeke were my right-hand helpers. With so many pieces, it took quite some time, but was so fun when it all came together! We are so grateful the venue was open this night to be able to do this! I don't know how we would have pulled it off otherwise. A bonus of getting married on a Wednesday. I borrowed 120 gold chargers from my work, we used them at our last gala. I found some pretty plastic cream plates. In-between the plates I made folded napkins. After hunting and hunting for napkins, I decided to just buy a million yards of fabric and make them myself. I ironed while watching many episodes of Gillmore Girls. They turned out great!I also found some pretty plastic crystal goblets. With 120 place settings, we didn't want to do any washing between luncheon and reception setup. For disposable, everything was really pretty! I wanted something fresh and organic, so I placed a cutie orange on the top plate. For a little greenery, I bought a little boxwood and snipped little sprigs next to it. Once the million bottles of lemonade and Martinelli's were placed, it looked so festive!This was fun, chatting and listening to Bruno Mars, getting everything gorgeous. Julie and Shelley were in the back assembling the beautiful flowers. I'd go back there and see how gorgeous the arrangements were looking, they'd pop out and see how beautiful the luncheon setup was going. So much love and excitement for these kids!
Adren's room is getting more and more empty as he boxes up items and brings them over to their new place.
I noticed he laid out his wedding clothes on the chair for the morning...And the boys are getting their pants ironed out for the big day. A wedding!And then Jon sent me this pic of our little A and we both cried a little. All good and happy tears!