Wow, this day arrives eventually with an exclamation mark! We all felt ready! Adren followed Jon and I out. We arrived at the temple a few minutes later than we wanted, to realize Adren forgot his Temple Recommend. No worries, but it may have added to the nerves. I thought Ella looked so gorgeous! Julie and I hugged- the day is here! It was fun to gather in the waiting room and see all of our families arrive so early on this weekday. It was a fun surprise to see Karter, in a wheelchair, brought by his mom and wife. He didn't look so good, though!
The ceremony was so special. I will always remember Adren and Ella's faces. Ella was just giggling the whole time through tears. I felt my heart burst several times in the temple with them and all the people I love the most around us. Truly one of the most special days.
They're married!!!
It is such a fun celebration outside of the temple. It is fun to see the groomsmen and bridesmaids all pulled together, everyone looked so nice. It was a gorgeous day, perfect weather!
As we were taking photos, it smelled like fireworks. Then we heard sirens and saw so much smoke right by the temple gates. We walked over to see a car engulfed in flames!It grew quite a crowd as we watched the firemen put the fire out. It was wild!We had to get a quick pic of Cade and Ashley in front of the mayhem.
I think we heard an explosion in there! Apparently, while someone was driving, their car started on fire so they pulled over right there and hopped out just in time!
I love all the wedding posts from friends and cousins on social media and have to grab a screenshot of them :)
All the temple photos are dreamy!
From there, we headed over to the Wild Oak to get things set up for the luncheon. I had plenty of help and everything had been delivered and was ready to go!
It looked so beautiful walking in. I thought the lit candles made it look so glam. So exciting!
The serving tables look so cheery all filled in with yummy food!
We felt so much love and support, and such gratitude for a full house of people there because they love Adren and Ella so much! Every little detail was so beautiful, I loved every minute of that luncheon.
I love these!
Speaking of big party, the grooms room was having one during their downtime :) We had this room and the brides room stocked with snacks and drinks.
So many dear friends came!
| Debra and Kelly! |
| My Jen! |
| My siblings! |
Adren and I danced to the Ratatouille song, Le Festin, one of his favorite movies as a kid. It was the perfect chance to check in with him and see how he was doing. I told him to take a peek around and see all of the people there for them! It really is the last time that many people will likely gather for you until your funeral!
Adren and Ella started out the reception dishing out gelato as the guests arrived. There was chocolate, strawberry and coconut. There was quite a line, but people didn't seem to mind. After about 40 minutes, I grabbed the groomsmen to start the rotation. We paired a bridesmaid/ groomsmen to serve together throughout the night, which went great! There were so many good friends and family to chat with, it was overwhelming how many people came. Jon and I said later how thoughtful people are and how grateful we are for so many good people in our lives. It was such a gorgeous reception in every way!
Another special thing that made the evening neat and set a great tone is Enoch Thornock's jazz band played live music all night - It was fabulous!
We had a photo booth set up and Cade sent me this great photo Solly took with Enoch. Never did I ever. Gold!
The MC conducted the reception as well. There was dancing, a game with the bride and groom, they cut their beautiful pavlova, Ella threw her bouquet... And they were off in a shower of sparklers! I got them two nights at a cute little Bed & Breakfast in SLC so they could hide away and just be together.It was cute to see Batman made an appearance ;)
| And I think this is my favorite picture of all time! |





