Skip to main content

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

It is time for our annual A Child's Hope Foundation Aunt and Uncle Dinner! Or- Hope Fiesta is more accurate. Aunts and Uncles are people that donate to our foundation on a monthly basis. We hold a dinner each year to thank them. Usually, we do the food ourselves. Kent makes all the Carne Asada, grilling away while the rest of us chop and prep everything. This year we had it catered from Cafe Rio, and I must say, it was significantly easier!
The setup alone is bonkers. Sarah, our Events Manager, oversees every little detail and puts us all to work. I recruited a friend to come help, and we had a good time setting up all of our impact images while chatting and catching up.
We held it at Award Co, a really cool business that sponsors us. They have this big space, which was so nice!



McKenna always creates and assembles the balloon arch for the photo op. We had to get our pic together to make sure it fits the vibe- it does!

Viva ACHF!

Wasabi is a little less traumatized and really enjoying pouncing around the yard. He warms up a little more each day, but is still a big scaredy-cat. 

One of my girls invited me to her wedding. She was getting married at the Payson Temple on the last Saturday of April. As I pulled down the street I wondered what in the world was going on with all of the cars lining the street! 
Oh my word!

The temple worker said they were averaging 12 ceremonies an hour!
Josi looked beautiful, love her so much!


 BIG NEWS, guys. Eli has moved out! He found a basement room at a house in Provo, near the Cemetery. He's been packing up his things while I keep asking if he'd like to bring this mirror, or that rug and lamp. (This is the pro's of buying second-hand. Nothing is too precious). He needed a dresser and I volunteered the one I bought for the downstairs room for Adren. I suggested he paint it and put on new hardware. He did a great job!



Jon and I helped take it over and to see where he'll be living. It looks great in his space! It was fun to see what he'd already set up and how he had everything arranged. For his birthday, he got a little couch, rug, and coat rack. I went with a green and black theme. I also let him take a little coffee table- that he suggested I buy originally. I was happy he felt the need to fill the room with lamps so he wouldn't need to turn on the harsh, fluorescent overhead light. He had everything looking real nice!



I'm so happy for him! I can tell he is so excited. I remember the feeling of moving out for the first time, there is nothing like it! Go Eli! Gosh, I love him!
I kept my eye out on facebook marketplace for a little desk and found one. I grabbed Zeke and the three of us went to some BYU apartments to pick it up. Luckily, they were able to use the elevator to bring it down the three stories. It barely fit in the back of my car. 

We unloaded it at Eli's place. It was so stinkin' heavy, the three of us really struggled getting it out of the car in the dark. To get to Eli's room, you go through the side garage door, and then a very sharp turn down very steep, shallow stairs. I tell you what- after so much struggle, I thought we were going to need to remove the door. If that desk was 1 cm wider, there is no way we would have been able to turn it down those stairs. 

But we did it! Eli said he will disassemble it when he moves out. Yeah!



Zeke was pretty impressed with the place, and recognized stuff from around our house. 

I couldn't leave until I made sure Eli could open that little window and hoist himself through if there was a fire. This will be a nice, cool basement for the hot summer ahead.

When we were leaving, I noticed a light on in the shed, and a cat in the window. Eli said someone lives out there! Poor guy has to go into the house to use the bathroom! He has met his roommates, they all share the kitchen, living room and bathroom. He says they are cool guys. 

Our house sure feels immediately empty and quiet! With both boys gone within a week of each other, along with the people they bring to the house, I am really struggling cutting down serving sizes of dinner I am making. No matter how little I make, it's too much! Often no one is even around to eat it.

Zeke and I went through his room and did a deep clean and DI load, and I found him a desk. That room! He doesn't want me to paint it - so I'm a ways out from really getting my hands on it. But he is thrilled to have the space all to himself.



With all of these changes, it is refreshing to see changes in the weather as well, everything greening up and glorious this beautiful spring! The Provo River is so full!


I've been sprucing up the back patio to make it a cozy space to hang out. These curtains make it look so cute!

The CRU went to a nearby park to celebrate Mindy's birthday. We played a fun yard game she made. It was such a glorious evening!

 

I don't know what this is about, but I know Paisley is up to something. She is always so creative and darling. These are no doubt for her cute friends.



Cutest girls!