Skip to main content

Big Feelings

I have gorgeous flowers around the house to remind me of the most special day!

And piles and piles of chargers drying after I washed them to take back to the office.



I have gelato and fruit leftovers, and too much pasta salad.

And an empty room... 

The day after the wedding I was surprised at how hard it hit me: Adren is gone! He will never live here again. He is not coming out of that room to say good-morning. I can't describe my big feelings. It's all happy- but also such a big milestone that is too big to handle. I called Jon. I walked around and had a good cry. It's all good!
I went to the grocery store and the block was out of power. It felt weird walking around shopping in the dark. 


These photos of these two on their honeymoon are the sweetest! 


And this one from when they were babies, hiking the Y with Kate and Pedro! What a photo! I love that they met in middle school. So cute!

Having Ella in our family is so special! She is truly the best of the best. She is so sweet and tender, and also so fun and chatty. She includes Adrens brothers, and already has a great relationship with Paisley. She is even better than I dreamed for Adren. I feel we are so lucky to have her join our family and I love her to pieces! Whenever friends ask about her, what she's like, I always say she is the most darling, best addition I have prayed for. She fits right in, and is so easy. I already can't imagine our lives without her. I mentioned to Julie on a recent phone call that I miss her! I was so used to her coming over every night for dinner and hang out. I hope she feels the love we have for her. My feelings just got a lot bigger to fit her in there. 

Also, Raegan and Tyrel had their first baby boy the day after the wedding! Little Troy, welcome to our big family!