Skip to main content
One busy evening in October while making dinner and getting the house put together for a sitter coming, I kept getting interrupted by Adren and Eli. "Mom- where is my Halloween costume?" I told them it should still be in the bag in their room. "Mom- where is the Halloween makeup?"- I told them it is on my bathroom sink. Then Adren is peeking around the wall, looking a bit mischievous and trying to act nonchalant- "So, I was wondering where the Trick or Treat bags are? Cuz, you know, we're going to need those.... on Halloween, you know...." I told them they are in the Halloween box in the garage. I knew they were up to something, but not sure what, and carried on with my chores. Soon enough I figured it out when I saw a huge crowd over at the church parking lot. The Spanish ward was putting on their Trunk-Or-Treat, my boys front and center. I had to chuckle to myself. Later, I heard them come home. "Our bags are already half full! We'll for SURE get them to the top on Halloween!!!" Later I asked Eli if anyone realized they weren't part of their group and said anything. Eli said, "Well, they were talking to us, but we couldn't tell what they were saying, but they were smiling." So I taught him how to say, "Gracia's!"