Skip to main content

Home Improving ~ And other Beautiful things

I love taking photos of what the current state of the house is. I'm loving dreaming and fussing around. I moved the brown chairs in this little nook and it's such a sunny spot to work, eat a snack, or chat with the cook.
I keep adding to the Family Room, it's getting more cozy and colorful. I sure like layers and texture. The more I add, the more I come to life!
Our dining room is great ~ still hunting for the perfect dining table...




On a busy Saturday, Ella, Paisley and I attended two Ava showers. The first was Ava Geertsen's. They had a big sign as you walked in saying, "We Eloped!" They and parents had gone down to Las Vegas and did the cutest Las Vegas style wedding. Their photos on the Strip are so colorful and darling. Ava is a doll, we love her so much!
Then, we headed to Ashley's to celebrate Ava and Sawyer for the next shower. Her friends put such a cute party together, complete with flower arranging. 

 

It's fun to see Wasabi explore the wild backyard. I'm always impressed he never leaves it, even though he's not fenced in. It's like he knows where the perimeters are and will not pass. 

 

We held our annual A Child's Hope Foundation, "A Round For the Kids" at Fox Hollow Golf Course and raised a bunch of $$$ from richie & generous golfers. 


The set-up the day before was a lot- and amazing! Sarah really goes all out. I always help the day before set-up and the day of first thing through early afternoon, right before lunch.

It was funny, while I was working getting attendees checked in, I ran to the bathroom. I heard, "Lindsey!" It was Solly! Then I saw Cade and Cal! They were there for the day golfing. Solly recognized our logo because they just went on one of our Service Trips to one of our partner homes in Mexico. It was fun to introduce them to my co-workers. It was also funny to hear them say how much Cade and I looked and acted like each other! 

The CRU gathered to celebrate Elizabeth's birthday. We gathered in her charming backyard in the heart of Provo. She lives in the Joaquin neighborhood. Kelly is still in her crafting era and made this cute birthday box for her.


Elizabeth had a stack of magazines, scissors & glue and we made various art while we chatted. Mine is an animal. Do you see it? No?
A late spring/ early summer evening with these ladies is the best!

Why do I have photos of our smoke detectors, you ask? 


I got a funny text from Trina Axford. When we were at the cemetery she told me that Ane's son, who goes by Dog stays with her and Dave through the summers. He's very much into smoke detectors, currently. I mentioned to her that lately ours were going off randomly- in the middle of the night, during Book Group etc. for no apparent reason. Very unsettling, and very annoying. In Trina's text, she apologized for mentioning this to Dog, who was asking her daily if he could call me to ask some questions about it. I told her that would be just fine and we scheduled a morning for him to reach out. He's 10, very sweet, and had an unbelievable amount of information about smoke detectors. He wanted photos of our models. These are brand new, just installed from our recent addition. Unfortunately, Dog told me they are the top poor performers of all the detectors. 
I mentioned that the ones upstairs were installed when we built, 25 years ago. I know, they should all be replaced, but they still work just great! He wanted a pic of those...

(Jon had just removed the battery to put in fresh ones) After I sent him this, he texted immediately so excited. He asked if he could call me right away. Apparently, this is a real collectors item. He has 8 in his collection and is very picky about what he collects. I promised I would send this to him should we replace the upstairs detectors. 


 Ava and Sawyer's wedding day was just lovely from the ceremony in the beautiful Payson Temple to the sparkler send-off!

We were asked to wear sunset colors. It was neat to see everyone together matching.

The dinner was so lovely, it was so neat to hear from Matt & Abby, and of course Ava & Sawyer. There was a feeling of celebration and love.


And of course, always to be surrounded by all of these people who are all so dear!

Along with the wedding, the Boc's are building a new house and will be moving from the home they raised all of their babies in! Big summer!

It is so special to have these big events with all the cousins. It was fun when there was always a baby blessing or baptism. Now it's missions, weddings and grandbabies! Life is so good!