Skip to main content

Geerts & Larsen's in the Hood

 Jen was so sweet to come out to Adren and Ella's wedding. We chatted as much as we could, but it was a busy night, and there is just never enough time to catch up!

She and Brad reserved a place in Oregon near Mt. Hood for a week for their family to get together. But their kids could only stay a few nights. She reached out and suggested Jon and I go up the last part of the week and join them. I was so excited!

On the flight, I noticed movement in a carrier under the seats next to us. A sweet little doggy was in there! We didn't hear a peep the whole flight! 

Portland, Oregon is as gorgeous and quirky as I remember!
The most charming houses and neighborhoods!

Jen and Brad picked us up at the airport and we grabbed a quick lunch. From there we hiked a gorgeous trail with TEN waterfalls. 

We haven't seen Brad in years! It was so great to all be together, just laughing and non-stop chatting, like old times. I forgot how much I enjoy Brad! Ha! We kept saying how great it was to have the time to get ALL caught up on every single little thing. Ahhhh.... we needed this!














It was seriously such a beautiful hike, everything is so lush and green! I could really tell my desert body was drinking in all this moisture in the air!











We grabbed some dinner and headed to the apartment. (I had to chuckle at the decor!)

The next day we walked around Portland and shopped-shopped-shopped! There is such a good mix of charming new stores and great vintage stores to find all sorts of treasures. Then we went to check out the rose gardens. The area was so charming, we had to do a loop around the neighborhoods. The houses! The yards! 





We stopped at a WW2 Memorial that was so haunting...
There was little bronze carvings of discarded teddy bears, children's shoes and books. The plaques on the walls were quotes of what survivors remembered. Too sad! It was set in the most beautiful surroundings.


 





I could stroll charming neighborhoods all day long.

From there we headed to Multnomah falls. Jen and I have a photo of us standing in front of this from 30 years ago when we came here to visit my dear friend, Season.










We stayed in Mt. Hood, which was so neat to see! So pretty!


It was such a gorgeous day! Perfect weather. We drove up to the Timberline Lodge, where the exterior was used in The Shining. Brad played the famous daunting music as we winded up the canyon.






It's a gorgeous lodge!











Our last night we got snacks and treats (a steak for Jonny) and just hung out at the apartment. It was the perfect quick trip with the best of friends! I love Jen forever!

The Portland airport is really great. I snapped this pic of women aviators and sent it to my CRU, knowing they would appreciate!