Skip to main content

Young Womens

Some of the great youth in our ward doing baptisms on a glorious Saturday morning
At the end of summer I was called as the Young Women's president. I love it. I knew I'd love it and I do. I also knew something was coming. I'd just been thinking over some things and knew I needed to raise the bar in my life. I wanted to find more ways to teach the gospel to my children, be a better example and strengthen my relationship with my Savior. I just didn't know what steps to take, or what more I could do in this stage of my life. This calling is the perfect answer to all of those quandaries. It will help me stretch and grow and get out of my comfort zone- that is for sure! I also thought back to this past summer when Jon and I were shopping for mattress pads for the family camp-out. I was looking at blow-up mattresses and Jon said I should get the full-size, our tent will have plenty of room after all. The thought entered my mind that I may feel a little silly showing up at girls camp with such a big mattress, and stuck with the twin size.
I knew my councilors names while still in the office talking with the 1st councilor and Bishop. I went home and prayed about them. I just had to talk to mommy, I felt so overwhelmed and knew she'd been there- many times- and no one else would do to calm me and talk me through it. Little did I know my councilors were having the same thoughts over the summer as well. My secretary is above and beyond what I expected! These ladies are a real treat to work with and always seem to have an answer for me when I go to them stumped over something. This truly is the Lord's work, and I see His hand even in these small details.
The day I was to be sustained I was nervous. I entered sacrament meeting with a stomach full of butterflies. I just didn't know how all these young girls would react to the changes. I said a silent prayer that I would be able to focus on the meeting. The first line of the opening Hymn was an answer to that prayer~ Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side.. That was exactly what I needed to hear! Of course, the Lord is on my side!
It's been busy and wonderful. I love these girls. I really feel like I have been blessed with a clear, strong love for these girls. They are true daughters of God and I am so impressed with them. They are facing so many challenges and I pray I can be a small nudge for them, to help guide them to make good choices over the next important years of their life so they can follow their path back to the Savior.
I am grateful I have been able to share so much of this calling with my children! I share with them lessons I am preparing and thoughts I have about the girls. My desire is that they see how much I love serving the Lord. Because I do! I love it.